At a glance
• The Relationship Between Metabolism, Calories, and Fat Loss
Most of us know that burning calories is an important factor in losing weight. Most of us also know that metabolism controls body weight, body fat content, and how the body processes proteins, fats, and carbohydrates.
However, our metabolism tends to slow down as we age (though exactly when is cause for much debate) — so it’s only natural to be thinking about it as time marches on. And because our metabolism might not be the same as it once was, many of us may think twice before having that extra helping of cake at dessert. Or a bowl of pasta for dinner… Or that little bit of mashed potatoes on left on our spouse’s plate…
But just because your metabolism may not be as fast as it once was, this doesn’t mean you should give up on your dreams of getting the body you deserve.
Now there are ways to burn calories using multiple metabolism-boosting ingredients such as:
- Capsimax® — a unique form of concentrated capsicum extract derived from red hot chili peppers designed to burn calories, not the inside of your mouth.
- Chromax® — a clinically studied form of the essential mineral Chromium that is up to 15X more absorbable than other forms of Chromium.
- GreenSelect® Green Tea Phytosome® — a powerful form of Green Tea shown in clinical studies to help you lose 2X the weight than diet and exercise alone.
So, how do these ingredients work? Do they really boost metabolism? And, most importantly, are they safe? Read on to discover the answers to these questions and more.
A journal entry published by Bioscience Reports acknowledged that obesity is a growing public health problem across the globe. It noted that multiple approaches to aid weight loss and reverse this concerning trend were both limited and variable. Consequently, the scientific journal suggested alternative treatments such as capsaicin, a compound extracted from chili peppers that has clearly demonstrated its benefits in health — especially in spurring weight loss.
For generations, the chili pepper has been used as a staple of many cuisines throughout the world. Today, the capsaicin inside the chili pepper is the subject of multiple clinical studies on obesity. Capsimax® combines the legendary red hot chili pepper with modern science to form a powerful ingredient that helps you burn more calories and boost your metabolism.
Thanks to the science of thermogenesis, Capsimax® burns calories without artificial stimulants and without effecting the heart rate of healthy adults.
All metabolic processes in living things produce heat, or thermogenesis. The heat produced by this process burns calories. Capsimax® increases your body’s thermogenesis, which equals more calories burned.
Multiple clinical studies discovered that Capsimax® supports a burn total of approximately 104 calories over a 4-hour period. This equates to an average total of 7.1% more calories being burned during that 4-hour period. And that’s calories burned at rest!
The scientific journal also examined the weight-loss effects of capsaicin on appetite and brown adipose tissue, or “BAT.” BAT is known to play an important role in cold-induced non-shivering thermogenesis. This process was originally defined as a “cold-induced increase in heat production not associated with the muscle activity of shivering.”
A simple definition of cold induced thermogenesis is your body’s ability to generate heat in cold climates by increasing its metabolism to maintain a steady body temperature.
So, what does this all mean? Well, this tells us that Capsimax® leverages the science of thermogenesis even when you are not trying to warm your body up. In other words, it still burns calories while we are not working out and are instead “at rest.” In fact, 60% to 70% of the calories we burn every day occur while we are at rest and not actively exercising.
The official website of the manufacturer lists some impressive benefits from Capsimax®:
- In two separate clinical trials, Capsimax® has shown to burn on average 7.1% more calories over a 4-hour period, at rest.
- In overweight subjects, it was able to increase metabolism and support burning of approximately 129 calories over a 4-hour period.
- Capsimax helps increase metabolism and supports burning an average of 8.9% more calories over a 4-hour period in overweight people.
- It also helps increase metabolic rate quickly and significantly within 1 hour of consumption.
- And for those looking to curb their appetite, Capsimax® helps reduce the feelings of hunger. A study of 152 healthy men and women who took Capsimax® experienced a 7.1% decrease in appetite.
- Capsimax® also Improves body composition by reducing waist & hip girth and body fat.
- Plus, Capsimax® was shown to promote lipolysis, which is the metabolic burning of stored fat that your body can then use for energy.
Chromax® is a patented form of chromium picolinate — an essential mineral for metabolic function. This highly bioavailable form of chromium has been the subject of 35 clinical studies on weight management, body composition, appetite control, and more.
Chromax® is absorbed up to 15X better than other forms of chromium, which helps deliver more bioavailability and greater effectiveness to users. This amazing mineral leverages its bioavailability in the blood stream, where its unique structure promotes optimal insulin function. This leads to more efficient carbohydrate metabolism, healthier blood sugar levels, reduced caloric intake, and even improved muscle maintenance during weight loss.
Like Capsimax®, Chromax® is safe when used properly, is backed by clinical science, and delivers some impressive benefits that help you burn more calories:
- Chromax® reduces body fat and supports sustains weight loss by improving lean body mass.
- It speeds up metabolism by promoting carbohydrate metabolism and healthy body composition.
- Chromax® can help reduce appetite — including carb cravings.
- Chromax ® can also improve blood sugar metabolism — and contributes to blood lipid metabolism, including triglycerides.
GreenSelect® Green Tea Phytosome®
There’s a reason why National Geographic labeled tea as “The World’s Top Drink.” It also fared well in a recent poll that logged the drinks that most people in the United States drank regularly in 2021.
Long used for medicinal purposes in China and Japan, green tea has been enjoyed as a beverage or dietary supplement that is known to promote mental alertness and relieve digestive discomfort symptoms. This legendary drink is stacked with potent antioxidants such as epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), a substance that can boost metabolism.
- A meta-analysis that examined the effects of green tea on weight loss and weight maintenance found that the EGCG and other catechins in green tea significantly decreased body weight. They also maintained body weight after a period of weight loss.
And though generic green tea extracts support multiple areas of our health, there’s one patented form that really shines: GreenSelect® Green Tea Phytosome®.
GreenSelect® has been shown to be 2X more absorbable than other forms of supplemental green tea — and clinical trials reveal that it can help adults lost 2X the weight than diet and exercise alone.
- Alternative Medicine Review published a study that administered an oral formulation in a tablet containing the highly bioavailable GreenSelect® Phytosome. This tablet was given to obese subjects of both genders who followed low calorie diets. 50 subjects were assigned the tablet containing GreenSelect® Phytosome to supplement the hypocaloric diet; the others remained strictly on the diet.
- 90 days of supplementation and a hypocaloric diet resulted in “significant weight loss and decreased body mass index”: the GreenSelect® Phytosome group lost about 30 lbs.; the placebo group lost just over 11 lbs.
- The clinical trial concluded that a low-calorie diet plus the tablet containing GreenSelect® Phytosome “positively influenced lipid profiles as demonstrated by plasma total cholesterol and triglycerides.”
Get The Body You Deserve!
We all know our bodies are not the same as they once were. Our metabolism is no different; it naturally slows down as we age. In some people, it starts in their 40s, others in their 60s, and others experience it as early as their 20s. And though this process varies for everyone, the one thing we all have in common is we want the body we deserve at 25, 45, 65, and beyond.
That is why we turn to clinically tested ingredients such as Capsimax®, Chromax®, and GreenSelect® Green Tea Phytosome® as healthy ways to boost our metabolism and burn calories. All three ingredients have been shown in clinical studies to deliver some pretty impressive benefits that don’t require participating in any unhealthy eating practices.
And though we’ve covered what makes each ingredient special, it is up to you to determine how you’d like to achieve the body you deserve!